The academic governance of the university is vested in the senate,
as outlined in the Yukon University Act.
Senate meetings: 3rd Wednesday of the month, August-June.
Regular meetings are open to the public, excluding in-camera items.
- Executive: coordinates the affairs of senate.
- Academic Standards Committee: reviews, develops and recommends academic and research policies and procedures to senate.
- Curriculum and Program Review: discusses and recommends proposals affecting academic programming, including but not limited to course and program proposals and changes.
- Academic and Research Planning and Priorities: advises senate on academic and research planning and priorities.
- Academic Appeals: coordinates all academic appeals, ensuring a fair and equitable hearing system.
Serves as the secretariat for Senate and its committees.