The academic governance of the university is vested in senate, as outlined in the Yukon University Act.
Dr. Lesley Brown
President & Vice Chancellor
The Yukon University Act requires at least 60% of the senators be faculty members, and that Senate strive to have its membership include at least 30% Indigenous persons from Yukon or elsewhere in Canada.
- Executive: coordinates the affairs of senate
- Internal Academic Governance: reviews, develops and recommends academic policies and procedures to senate.
- Curriculum and Program Review: discusses and recommends proposals affecting the academic programming, including but not limited to course and program proposals and changes.
- Academic Appeals: coordinates all academic appeals ensuring a fair and equitable hearing system.
- Planning and Priorities: advises senate on academic and research planning and priorities.
Serves as the secretariat for Senate and its committees.
Outlines the responsibilities of Yukon University Senate, and how the Senate will perform its duties in a manner consistent with the highest ethical standards. Permalink
Every proposed new instructional program must undergo a quality assessment to determine whether it meets established criteria and standards. This requirement applies to all credit programs and non-credit programs for which a Yukon University credential will be granted. Permalink
Yukon University's educational offerings are reviewed regularly for their educational quality through a collaborative, systematic, evidence‐based examination of a program. Program review provides an opportunity to identify and promote specific aspects of educational excellence within a program, and to identify opportunities to improve program quality. Permalink
Yukon University acknowledges and celebrates exceptional service and contributions to the greater good, as well as excellence in scholarship, scientific inquiry, and artistic achievement, through the conferring of honorary credentials.
Individuals selected to receive an honorary credential will have a record of contribution and accomplishment that, while reflecting the mission, aspirations, ideals, or values of Yukon University, will serve as an inspiration to our students, graduates, and our community as a whole. Permalink