Wrap around innovation services
We connect you to professional services suited to your project, such as intellectual property, legal, accounting, and more.
Investment Readiness Training program
This program helps develop interest and participation in a growing investment culture for entrepreneurs and investors in the territory.
Supporting women entrepreneurs
We are a Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub (WEKH) aimed at identifying the additional barriers and challenges women face and providing support to overcome them.
- Rich Thompson (Chair), Zero Gravity Inc & Northern Vision Development - President/CEO
- Lesley Brown, Yukon University - President and Vice-Chancellor
- Bronwyn Hancock, Yukon University - Associate Vice-President, Research Development
- Ben Sanders, PROOF - Co-Founder & CEO
- Kari Johnston, Independent Contractor
- Les Wilson, Chu Níikwän Development Corp - Business Development Project Manager
- Valerie Fox, The Pivotal Point - Founder & Chief Innovation Consultant
- Sierra Van Der Meer, Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency - Director
- Justin Ferbey, Yukon Government - Deputy Minister of Economic Development
- Math'ieya Alatini, Independent Contractor
- Rodney Hulstein, Chair, School of Business & Leadership
- Josh Callahan, OUTFRNT - Principal & Co-Founder
- Davida Wood, IRP Consulting
- Blair Hogan, Gunta Business Consulting
Get in touch
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
2180 2nd Ave,
t 867 668 8759
Birch bio-fermentation: Aurum Skincare's journey through innovation and entrepreneurship
Elise McCormick and Joanne Sherrard were raising their children and working day jobs, when they decided to find a project they could collaborate on as friends. Curiosity led them on a journey into the world of cosmetic chemistry. Both women experienced irritation from eczema, acne and rosacea, and wished to develop a remedy for sensitive skin.
Joel Brennan’s journey to build the ultimate SUPStick Land Paddle
Joel Brennan is an innovator from Whitehorse who developed the SUPStick Land Paddle. Joel grew up paddling, skateboarding and shared how: “I’ve always known I wanted to be an inventor. From an early age I was inspired by science, technology and the creativity of people.”
AirView Yukon technology increases aircraft safety and spatial awareness
Innovation is not about reinventing the wheel; most times, it can be a small but mighty advancement that improves a product or system. For as long as people have lived, traveled and worked across the territory, innovation has been key to making life safer and more efficient.
NatureTot bridges nature and the Montessori classroom
What does innovation look like in the Yukon? We’re introducing you to innovators like Leet Mueller, CEO and Founder of NatureTot, who leveraged I&E’s Innovation Fund to help develop a system to bridge nature and the classroom.