We invite you to consider the use of our Ayamdigut Campus facilities in Whitehorse when planning your special event or conference.
Open year round, Ayamdigut Campus is located on a scenic hilltop and is surrounded on three sides by forest with a system of hiking trails.
Why Yukon University?
- Onsite catering is available through our Culinary Arts program during the calendar school year. Contact Food Services for more information.
- Yukon University's Campus Store carries a collection of YukonU souvenirs to mark your northern experience.
- Onsite parking, easy access to public transportation and secure storage for bikes. Find out more about parking and transportation.
Please note that if you are inquiring about student housing: Single-, double, and family-housing units are available at Campus Housing, as space permits.
At YukonU we are constantly monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Yukon, and are doing our best to ensure a healthy and safe facility for all staff, students, and visitors. We reserve the right to update our rules and procedures as required to mitigate against the risk of the spread of COVID-19. All users can expect communication ahead of protocol changes and will be expected to comply with these rules and procedures, or risk a breach in contract. Please see our COVID-19 response information page on our website for up-to-date information on our expectations for all users of our facilities.
- Ayamdigut campus is open from 6am - midnight, 365 days a year with limited services during statutory holidays and Christmas break
- The gymnasium hours are 6am - 10pm
- Our Scheduling Administrative Assistant is available 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, excluding statutory holidays
- Hours for community campuses can be found here
- Liquor may be consumed on campus if the event holds a valid liquor permit and is approved by the University.
- Liquor permits are room specific. Arrangements can be made with the Scheduling Coordinator/Administrative Assistant upon booking the facility.
- Events require a qualified bartender and bonded security guards and proof of $2 million liability insurance.
If students, staff, or faculty are wanting to book a space for a meeting, an open house, or a one-off booking for a course, they are advised to use Virtual EMS. Please note that Yukon University staff, students, or faculty looking to book a space for personal reasons are required to pay as an external user and provide liability insurance as needed – no discounts will be applied. Whenever students, staff, or faculty, require assistance for a complex booking or a 'Room Request’ (i.e. Kinnikinnick Kaff, Innovation Commons, gym, etc.), they are required to contact the Scheduling Office.
If you are an existing or new staff member who would like access, please email the Scheduling Administrative Assistant.
Internal users will be able to book audiovisual equipment for their purposes.
Please note that the Scheduling Administrative Assistant position falls under the Office of the Registrar and can assist only with rooms on the Ayamdigut campus in Whitehorse, YT. If you are interested in a community campus booking, please consult them directly, contact information can be found on the respective community campus webpage.
Our office does not book outdoor space at Yukon University campuses. We also do not book office spaces.
Academic scheduling takes priority on Yukon University campuses. The Scheduling Administrative Assistant may assist in finding alternative accommodations where required.
Room bookings that fall during the spring/summer, fall, and winter semesters may have deadlines established for bookings to be opened. Email email@example.com for more information and established deadlines where applicable.
When contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, we require the following information:
- Name of individual contact and contact information including address and phone number
- Name of organization
- The nature of your booking
- Times (Please include time for set-up and tear-down requirements, if there are any)
- Specialized IT requests if applicable
For IT/AV requirements, our classrooms are set-up with a projector and computer. Some of our classrooms are Zoom enabled and those details can be found on our list of classrooms. For additional IT/AV needs, please refer to this FAQ and refer to our pricing structure for additional technology needs. Our ITLC department may be able to assist with any on-site inquiries with advanced notice and a time established, but are not on-site IT support.
If Food Services are required, Yukon University Food Services have first right of refusal and catering can be requested through our email@example.com site upon completing your room booking contract with our Scheduling Administrative Assistant. If external catering is requested, event planners must seek prior approval of the manager, Food Services also at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation of any food requests requires a minimum of 72 hours notice to Food Services. If catering is not requested, during regular semesters, the Kinnikinnick Cafeteria is typically open and there are snacks and coffee available at our Campus Bookstore as well.
|Room number||Capacity||Notes||Rental fees|
|A2103||39||F2F/Zoom teaching room; Smartboard||$25/hour; $90/day|
|A2204||28||F2F/Zoom teaching room||$25/hour; $90/day|
|A2206||60||Lecture hall; F2F/Zoom teaching room||$35/hour; $90/day|
|A2402||41||Zoom teaching room||$25/hour; $90/day|
|A2603||28||F2F/Zoom teaching room; Smartboard||$25/hour; $90/day|
|C1440||40||F2F/Zoom teaching room||$30/hour; $150/day|
|C1442||18||F2F/Zoom meeting room||$25/hour; $90/day|
|C2400||276||Cafeteria (no kitchen)||$80/hour; $400/day; $100 clean-up fee|
|G1001||200||Gym - north (insurance required)||$17.50/hour half gym; $35/hour full gym|
|G1001||200||Gym - south (insurance required)||$17.50/hour half gym; $35/hour full gym|
|T1022||24||F2F/Zoom teaching room||$25/hour; $90/day|
|T1082||20||Joint with T1083||$25/hour; $90/day|
|T1083||20||Joint with T1082; F2F/Zoom teaching room||$25/hour; $90/day|
|Roddy's Camp||N/A||$25/hour; $90/day|
*Regular classrooms will have a projector with screen, desktop computer, and either a whiteboard or chalk board