This checklist will help guide you through the start of your studies at Yukon University:
Refer to your Letter of Acceptance to confirm the first day of your classes. Most full-time programs start Sept. 1. Familiarize yourself with other Important Dates.
Familiarize yourself with YukonU's Covid-19 response plan for Fall 2020. Ayamdigut Campus access is limited to students and staff, and entry/exit must be through entrances #1 and #5 (main door and staff parking lot door, respectively). You must show your Student ID card every time you wish to access in-person services from any YukonU campus.
Get your Student ID:
In Whitehorse at Ayamdigut campus
Please use Entrance #5 accessible from the back (staff) parking lot during the hours listed below. You will be asked to show picture ID and provide your student ID # and are required to fill out and sign a COVID info sheet. You will then have your photo taken and be given your ID card.
Student ID Hours: August 27 – September 19, 2020
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays: 10am-5pm
- Wednesdays: 10am-7pm
- Fridays: 1-4 pm
- Saturdays: 12-4 pm
At campus locations beyond Ayamdigut Campus
Student COVID info sheets are available at your local campus. After you have signed the sheet you are eligible to receive a YukonU Student ID and will receive your card by the end of September.
- Before receiving your card, you can make arrangements directly with your local campus staff to access supports, technology and study space
- For full-time students in Whitehorse, your Student ID also functions as a transit pass between September and May. Find out more about parking and transportation at Ayamidgut Campus.
Register for your courses online. Be sure to register early as enrolment in most courses is limited and courses may fill quickly. The last day to add or change courses is Sept. 11.
Refer to your Letter of Acceptance for payment deadline fees. Payment of fees, or an approval for funding letter, is due by September 30 for domestic students for most programs. For more information on payments, withdrawals and refunds please refer to our money matters page.
Purchase text book(s) from the Campus Store online, or in-person at the Ayamdigut Campus.
Apply for financial supports.
Familiarize yourself with University expectations.
Stay connected! Download the YukonU app on your smart phone and follow YukonU social media to stay up to date on activities, events, and announcements. Be sure to check your @yukonu.ca email regularly - this is where we'll send information about your classes, admissions notices, etc.
Explore your online learning tools: Moodle, Office365, Zoom, etc.
Connect with your YukonU Student Union. The student union is here to support you, please reach out at any time!
- Campus Housing applications for Winter 2021 are open and available online. Due to Covid-19 precautions we are maintaining a lower occupancy capacity for this academic year so space is limited.
- Due to Covid-19, lockers will not be accessible throughout the academic year.