Let us support you
If any of the below describe you, you may benefit from seeking some support. Campus and community supports can help you find connections and make changes!
- You’re stressed out
- You can’t sleep
- You feel stuck
- You feel your life is falling apart
- You’re confused about school or career plans
- You feel down all the time
- You’re struggling with a personal problem and don’t know what to do
- You need someone to listen
YukonU Counselling Services can help you with the demands of student life, promoting wellness, and building skills for lifelong success.
A counsellor brings training and skills to assist you in making sense of the problems you are experiencing, and works with you to develop preferred ways of living.
Counselling is free to all full- and part-time registered Yukon University students who are located in eligible regions.*
All of the information you share with us is completely confidential. No information can be accessed by University administrators, instructors, outside agencies or others unless you choose to sign a release. Counselling is voluntary and you may stop at any time. You’re in control.
*Eligible Regions for Virtual Counselling:
- Students currently located in provinces and territories in Canada are eligible for virtual counselling.
Students Located Outside of Canada:
- Unfortunately, due to regulations in other countries, we are unable to provide virtual counselling to students currently located outside of Canada. If you are located outside of Canada, our counselling team would like to support you to find other counselling and support services.
Please note: counsellors cannot guarantee an immediate or rapid response to email or phone calls. If you are experiencing an urgent issue, please consider contacting the following:
- CMHA/Reach Out Support Line at Tel: 1 844 533 3030
- Attend your local emergency department or urgent care clinic
- Call 911 if it’s an emergency
Personal Counselling Services provides you with handouts, workbooks and worksheets to support you in your academic and personal journey. Some of these topics can be difficult to read about, do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to explore these topics, discuss or arrange an appointment. We are here to support you!
|Suicide Crisis Helpline, 9-8-8
24-hour BC NurseLine
Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services
Family Children Services
|Canadian Mental Health Association Yukon
|867 668 6429
Skookum Jim Friendship Centre
Victoria Faulkner Women’s Centre
Kaushee’s Place (Women’s Transition Home & 24 hour support line)
First Nations and Inuit Mental Health and Wellness
Centre for Suicide Prevention