The Learning Assistance Center is here to support all students to achieve their academic goals.
The Learning Assistance Center offers a range of services to help you develop the personal learning and study habits needed to meet the academic challenges faced during your studies. Our experienced Learning Strategist provides study tips and strategies to support academic success for students in any program.
We can help with:
- Creating a time budget and personalized assignment calculator.
- Finding a note-taking template that fits your style.
- Reading textbook more effectively.
- Learning and applying techniques to reduce test anxiety.
- Developing a customized study schedule.
- Learning to study for different types of exams.
- Applying a “post-test analysis” technique to improve performance on future tests.
Our Learning Strategist is available to provide individualized or small group coaching to help students enhance their learning and manage the demands of being a student.
Accessibility services and academic accommodations are arranged through the Learning Assistance Centre. If you have a permanent disability due to mobility, vision/hearing impairment or hidden disability such as a ADHD, learning disability, chronic health issues or mental health condition, you may need academic accommodations to reduce barriers to learning and reach your full academic potential.
Our services include:
- Collaborating with you to identify individualized accommodations.
- Providing access to textbooks and learning materials in alternate formats.
- Training and access to assistive technology including specialized software.
- Planning and providing alternate exam writing conditions.
- Coaching and learning strategies to enhance learning and reduce impact of disability .
Discuss your accommodation needs with the Learning Assistance Centre as soon as possible. All services provided through the Learning Assistance Centre are confidential.