Yukon University has a unique focus on northern research and innovation.
At the YukonU Research Centre, we take pride in investigating distinctly northern questions and our research draws on western science and Indigenous knowledge to create and share innovative northern solutions.
Some of our areas of focus are:
- climate change and adaptation in northern Canada
- impacts of thawing permafrost on infrastructure
- climate policy and decision-making support
- sustainable energy production
- mine remediation
Our research programs:
The following values guide our Centre:
- different ways of knowing
- fostering strong partnerships
- supporting the development of exceptional student opportunities
Our Climate Change Research team investigates the impacts of and adaptations to climate change, promotes and supports the exchange of local and scientific knowledge on the subject and offers decision-making support, policy options and education.
An applied research program across northern Canada dedicated to making electrical power systems in northern communities more reliable, sustainable and better able to incorporate renewable energy.
Developing research leadership in the mining industry to address northern mining challenges and opportunities.