JUST CE97 - Trauma Informed Care - Building a Culture of Strength
Trauma is prevalent in our world and has an impact on many of the people we interact with, including our clients and colleagues. Compassionate and trauma-informed care is essential to providing effective support and building sustainable services.
This workshop explores how to build a trauma-informed culture in a workplace setting that integrates knowledge throughout the organization.
Participants will develop an understanding of the pervasive impact of trauma on individual health and relationships. Guiding principles will be explored for increasing emotional and physical safety, culturally sensitive empowerment, and creating greater resilience for all parts of an organization. Becoming trauma-informed creates a sustainable foundation in any work setting to promote strength, engagement, and recovery.
Please note: This workshop does not provide training related to trauma counselling.
Some of the Topics Included:
• Respectful Awareness
• Definitions of Trauma for Individual, Relationship, and Public Health
• Prevalence of Trauma, from Single Incident to Complex
• Understanding the Impact of Trauma Across the Lifespan
• Contexts of Impact – Cultural, Intergenerational, and Societal Factors
• Collaborative Health
• Principles of Trauma-Informed Care
• Core Competencies – Putting Principles into Action
• Choice, Trust, and Connection
• Recognizing Innate Strengths and Resilience
• Building a Trauma-Informed Culture
• The Continuum of Trauma-Informed Care and Practices
• A Systemic View of Healing Trauma
• Building Trauma Informed Principles into Policy and Processes
• Attending to Staff Safety and Secondary Trauma