For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
JUST 029 - Introduction to Arbitration Training
This 1-day course is an expansion of the 3 hour course piloted in 2016. This course introduces participants the basics of what is an arbitration; and focuses on how and why arbitration is different than other forms of dispute resolution.
The topics covered throughout the day will include:
- what areas are suitable for arbitration
- what goes into an arbitration agreement
- the role of an arbitrator
- evidence and how to handle an arbitration including process
- the Arbitration Act
- an arbitration is binding like a court the process.
At the end of the course participants will be familiar with all aspects of arbitration and how it fits into dispute resolution.
No scheduled sessions