The Research Support Fund assists Canadian postsecondary institutions with the costs associated with managing their research enterprise, helping them to maintain a world-class research environment.
These costs are often referred to as “indirect costs.” Indirect costs are costs that are not directly associated with a single activity, event, or other cost object. Indirect costs include:
- human resources and payroll (invoicing, research account maintenance, preparation of financial reports, purchasing);
- research administration (drafting of research agreements, negotiation of contracts, review of research proposals, on-going contract administration, maintenance of information on funding sources, etc.);
- support for the libraries;
- access to computer services
- provision and maintenance of research facilities and office space.
Research Support Fund Grants can be used to:
- maintain modern labs and equipment;
- provide access to up-to-date knowledge resources;
- provide research management and administrative support;
- meet regulatory and ethical standards; or
- transfer knowledge from academia to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors,
…helping to make Canada a world leader in research and development.
Yukon University partners with other institutions on a number of its projects. For the purpose of the Research Support Fund, an organization can be considered an affiliate of the applicant institution if:
- the federally funded research undertaken at the affiliate organization contributes to the research excellence of the applicant institution; and/or
- the applicant institution incurs indirect costs for the federally funded research conducted at the affiliate organization.
Yukon University’s Affiliated Institution(s):
• University of Alberta
• Laval University
Visit Research Support Fund for more information.