This innovative 13-week program aims to support participants to identify and seek suitable employment, undertake further training or education and/or improve wellbeing.
The intentions of the Older Workers Program are to support students to:
- Increase their employability by giving and receiving feedback, developing a resume, cover letter and interview skills
- Improve their computer literacy.
- Build their confidence and understanding of personality dimensions, learning styles, workplace essential skills and career options
- Successfully participate in a relevant work placement that is aligned with personal goals and individual suitability.
- Complete various work-related safety certifications and interpersonal skills courses
- Broaden their understanding of health and wellness and its’ relevance to finding and maintaining meaningful employment.