Are you an older worker squeezed out of a job by a changing economy? Or do you want to start a new career or follow a dream you’ve always had?
Yukon University, in partnership with the Canadian and Yukon Governments, is proud to deliver the Older Workers Program.
This innovative 13-week program aims to support participants to identify and seek suitable employment, undertake further training or education and/or improve wellbeing.
The intentions of the Older Workers Program are to support students to:
- Increase their employability by giving and receiving feedback, developing a resume, cover letter and interview skills
- Improve their computer literacy.
- Build their confidence and understanding of personality dimensions, learning styles, workplace essential skills and career options
- Successfully participate in a relevant work placement that is aligned with personal goals and individual suitability.
- Complete various work-related safety certifications and interpersonal skills courses
- Broaden their understanding of health and wellness and its’ relevance to finding and maintaining meaningful employment.
Participants should meet the following criteria:
- 50-70 years of age
- Unemployed or under-employed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience barriers to employment
Due to limited seats there is a selection process for eligible applicants.
NOTE: There is no tuition fee for this program and a student stipend is provided.