The objective of the Millwright Pre-apprenticeship program is to provide students with:
- Theoretical trade knowledge which together with hands-on shop experience will enable students to go on to train for employment as capable and knowledgeable apprentices and entry-level workers in the trade.
- Acquisition of safety skills and awareness.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to the Millwright trade.
At the end of the program, students will have:
- Acquired safety skills and awareness.
- Acquired practical hands-on experience with a variety of stationary and portable power tools.
- A good knowledge base for an entry-level position in the job force.
- Completed the theoretical requirements for Level I of the Millwright Apprenticeship program, 570 hours towards the student’s apprenticeship (pending approval of the Apprenticeship Board), and have the opportunity to write the first year Apprenticeship Exam.
Students must successfully complete all courses in the program and maintain an overall "C" average (70%).
Graduates of the program will receive a Yukon University certificate.
Students may also be offered technical credit towards a Yukon apprenticeship and the opportunity to challenge the Millwright Apprenticeship Level I (first-year) exam.
Tuition for credit programs is calculated per course credit. See money matters for more information.
Some programs and courses have additional fees - see Ancillary Fees.
Student financial awards
Education is an investment in your future, your family and your community. Yukon University is pleased to support that investment by offering some of the most competitive tuition rates in the country, as well as several student financial awards to help offset your educational and living costs.
There are government programs, scholarships, bursaries, awards and First Nation funding available to financially support you throughout your academic career.
See money matters for more information, or talk to our financial advising staff in the Student Services Centre. Email or call 867 668 5209 to make an appointment.