Through interactive, activity-based learning, YukonU First Nations Governance-Building Workshops will help you build the skills, tools and abilities necessary for effective governance and administration in First Nation and northern settings.
YukonU will bring the learning to your community with a range of two to five-day development workshops led by instructors with deep expertise in their field and a passion for sharing knowledge. The workshops allow First Nation governments—as well as northern governments or non-profit organizations seeking to grow their First Nations perspectives—to build capacity in service of their nation or community.
- Intro to First Nations Governance and Public Administration
- Understanding Land Claims
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Financial Management
- Policy in the North
- Strategic Planning
- Trust Fundamentals
- Human Resources
- Community Economic Development
- Power and Influence
- Theory and Practice of Negotiations
- Organizational and Community Wellness
- Youth First Nation Leadership Training (3 days)
- First Nations Leadership Training (3-5 customized days)