For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
WO CE61 - Soft Skills in the Water and Wastewater Context 1 - People
This 5 day course focuses on the people management skills required in the water and wastewater industry.
You should take this course if you are:
- Recently promoted to a supervisory / management role, or interested in advancing to a supervisory or management role in the future;
- Interested in brushing up on your management skills and taking them to the next level; or
- A certified operator interested in earning CEUs.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand alternative problem solving strategies, and how to apply these appropriately in a supervisory or management role;
- Assess your leadership style, learn about alternative leadership approaches, and understand and apply essential management skills including time management, conflict resolution, coaching, and the role of leaders;
- Conduct effective meetings and understand how to set the agenda, manage conflict, build agreement and make decisions;
- Understand how to effectively manage communications to peers, direct reports and senior managers;
- Understand business systems such as asset management, information management and privacy protection;
- Understand Employment Standards Act concepts, collective agreements, and how to manage in a unionized work environment; and
- Effectively supervise staff, and complete performance evaluations.
Accepted for 3.0 CEUs by EOCP as Related for WD, WT, SWS, BWD, WWC, WWT, SWWS.
Provider: BC Water and Waste Association (BCWWA)
This course is offered based on interest. Contact us if you are interested in this course.
No scheduled sessions