For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
WO 049 - Cross Connection/Backflow Assembly Tester Certification
This 5-day course covers all aspects of cross connection control and backflow preventer assembly testing as published in the AWWA Canadian Cross Connection Control Manual and is followed by the BCWWA Backflow Assembly Testers Certification Exam.
Agenda items include:
1. AWWA Canadian Tester Certification policies
2. AWWA Canadian / CCC Manual Review
3. Causes of Backflow
4. Health Aspects
5. Legal Aspects and Case Studies
6. Hazard Types and Classification
7. Types and Methods of Backflow Control
8. Backflow Preventer Principals and Operation
9. Proper Installation Requirements
10. Testing Procedures for Backflow Preventers. Hands on Testing procedures for: DCVA, RP, PVB, SRVP
Final Exam - upon successfully passing the exam BCWWA will provide Backflow Assembly Tester Certification. Exam is composed of:
- 100 multiple choice questions (requires 75 % to pass)
- Practical demonstration of ability to test valves as listed above
**NOTE: Registration for the exam is separate, please go to www.bcwwa.org to register for the exam**
This course is especially recommended for water & wastewater operators and is relevant to health professionals, supervisors, technicians and homeowners involved and/or interested in water and wastewater systems.
Accepted for 3.0 CEUs by EOCP as Core for WD, WT, SWS, BWD, WWC, WWT, SWWS
Provider: Maintenance Training Systems Inc. (MTS)
This course is typically offered every 2 years at Ayamdigut.
Attendees need to bring steel toed boots.
No scheduled sessions