WO 001L - Small Water System Operator Lab
This year we are running two courses WO001L-Small Water System Operator Lab and WO001 Basic Small Water Systems Operations together to allow for both in-class and hands-on learning (improved learning experience). We strongly recommend students sign up for both courses, although Individual enrollment in this course is also possible.
This lab course is designed to provide participants with the 10 days (50 hours) of hands-on experience required to write their Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certification exam for Small Water Systems (required by Yukon Government Regulation). The main objective of this course is to build operator confidence and hands-on skills relevant to the provision of safe and reliable drinking water.
**Students who wish to write the associated EOCP Certification exam must apply directly with EOCP to do so, at least 3 weeks in advance. Visit eocp.ca or contact EOCP at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to apply**
This course will take place in Yukon University’s Mobile Water Treatment Plant. Under the direction of our experienced instructors, students will operate, maintain and troubleshoot the water treatment system throughout the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
• Recognize and explain the purpose of common water system equipment and components
• Perform and record daily water system checks
• Execute and record common water system maintenance tasks following standard operating procedures and a maintenance schedule
• Follow safety procedures relevant to water system operations
• Execute start-up and shut-down of water treatment plant following standard operating procedure
• Perform and record water quality sampling and analysis
Provider: Yukon University
This course can be offered in the communities. Contact us to organize a class in your community.
Attendees need to bring steel toed boots.
|CRN||Instructional method||Instructor||Location||Start date||Seats available*||Cost|
|90014||Face-to-face Synchronous||Jon Widney||Whitehorse (Ayamdigut)||12||
| Class schedule
|90088||Face-to-face Synchronous||Jon Widney||Whitehorse (Ayamdigut)||12||
| Class schedule