For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
SW 448 - Social Work Practicum 2
UNIVERSITY OF REGINA COURSE DESCRIPTION
Students, with support of agency supervision, will become directly involved in social work services and systems within the community, and experience professional practice. Seminars assist in the integration of theory and practice through sharing of experience and knowledge.
ADDITIONAL YUKON UNIVERSITY BSW PROGRAM COURSE DESCRIPTION
The Yukon University SW 448 course consists of the following components.
* The practicum is the equivalent of 15 weeks full-time (4.5 days per week) in the placement. Students need to obtain a minimum of 475 hours in Practicum through the term.
* A mandatory orientation session is held prior to the field placement (2 days).
* Students are required to attend the scheduled integrative seminars.
* There is no mid-term break.
* Practicum will be graded on a Pass/Fail basis.
* Students are not permitted to take other courses during the practicum placement.
The practicum is the field education component of the social work program. The practicum experience helps students link the social work courses to direct social work practice. The practicum occurs under the combined supervision of a designated social work supervisor in the agency and the practicum placement coordinator from Yukon University.
Practicum students are expected to function as an entry-level, generalist social work professional. Students usually carry some responsibility for direct practice with a caseload that may include: individuals, families, groups, and/or interagency professionals in the community, community development, policy practice, and/or research. Students are responsible for personal and professional learning and actions.
* Completion of SW 200, SW 390, SW 346, SW 347, & 348
* Minimum GPA of 70% in the social work portion of the program courses
* Application accepted for practicum placement by BSW Program faculty
No scheduled sessions