GARD CE06 - Organic Gardening Fundamentals
A general introduction to organic gardening to feed you, your family and your community. Join Bart Bounds, local certified organic market gardener for a five-part series on organic gardening.
Throughout the course you will learn:
• Principles of organics with an overview of national standards;
• Soil management, composting, pest & disease management;
• Site selection & considerations;
• Planning and plant selection;
• Reducing your plastic use and footprint;
• Plant physiology, fertilizers and amendments;
• Regenerative techniques and more!
The topic of organic gardening is broad and multifaceted. There will be plenty of time for questions throughout the course, and support will be provided on planning your own organic garden.