For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
FLSC 101 - Private Pilot Licence
Flight training for the Private Pilot License will consist of a minimum of 45 hours of flight training including:
- 17 hours dual, including 5 hours Instrument Training, 3 hours Cross-country,
- 12 hours solo, including 5 hours Cross-country (min 150nm from home base with 2 stops away).
- Other requirements of the Private Pilot License are:
- A Pre Solo written test – PSTAR (administered at Alkan Air)
- A Restricted Radio Operators Certificate (administered at Alkan Air)
- An Aviation Language Proficiency Test (administered at Alkan Air)
- Class 1 or 3 medical obtained from a Civil Aviation Medical Examiner
- A minimum of 40 hours ground school including instruction on (Air Law, Meteorology, Navigation and Aeronautical General Knowledge)
- A Transport Canada Written Test with a 60% pass mark
- A Transport Canada Flight Test
Please keep in mind that the flight training times listed are minimums. Very few candidates are able to meet flight test standards after 45 hours of flight. Budget for 60 hours as a more realistic number.
No scheduled sessions