Our COVID-19 operational plan for summer camps has received approval from the Government of Yukon and Yukon University! Registration will re-open on June 5th at noon.
To help ensure the safety of our campers and staff, the following changes will be in place this year:
- Group sizes will be limited to 8 campers and 2 facilitators (10 total), which will require shifting some participants already registered between groups (log in to Amilia after noon on June 5th to review your enrollment)
- Each camp group will use separate indoor/outdoor spaces and materials from other groups
- Extended morning and afternoon care will not be available
- Physical distancing and personal hygiene measures has been approved by Health & Social Services - maintaining 2 m physical distancing may not be feasible at all times, but will be supported as much as possible and campers will be instructed not to make contact with each other at any time
- A “COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire” will be completed by all staff and parents/guardians with their campers before attending camp
Anyone currently registered for camp can withdraw up to 1 business day prior to the start of their camp and receive a full refund.
If you have any questions about this summer's camps, please let us know.
STEM and Trades Camps are designed to inspire children and youth across the Yukon through practicing in hands-on activities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Trades (STEM). YC Kids Camps provide learning experiences through fun, engaging, culturally enriched programming that encourages children to explore their sense of wonder. Children are introduced to hands-on, exciting activities that promotes discovery, rewards curiosity, and leaves children amazed at what they can do.
This summer we will be offering week-long STEM and Trades camps for children and youth aged 6-14 years of age, beginning June 15 and ending August 14.
Head over to our booking engine, Amilia, to review camp descriptions, age groups, and dates to be ready for registration opening Monday, March 9th at 12pm.
The following programs are available for in-classroom STEM Training. For more information regarding these please contract the Program Coordinators.
Are your students excited by new challenges? Do they like to dream big? With help from the Canadian Space Agency and Yukon CubeSat, we are bringing space workshops to classrooms across Yukon to ignite youth’s interest. Educators can reach out to book a visit or receive resources to deliver their own activities.
Coding in the Classroom
Do you know a teacher who wants to integrate digital skills, coding, and design into their classes? Let them know we’d love to bring our tech party to their school! Our mobile workshops include hands-on, engaging activities for students, using robots and computers to help communicate curriculum concepts.