Open Studies allows you to take credit courses from a variety of subject areas and disciplines, for:
- professional development
- upgrading post-secondary qualifications
- general interest
Through Open Studies, you can earn up to six credits in each term (typically two courses) without being enrolled in a program.
Credits earned may be considered toward a future degree or diploma. To receive a credential, you will be required to apply, and be accepted, to a program.
Open Studies is available to everyone.
A valid student account will be required to register. To obtain a student account please call Registration & Records at 867 668 8710 Ext 2, email us, or visit the Office of the Registrar at the Ayamdigut Campus.
Once your student account is created you can register online.
Register for courses
|Term||First day||Last day|
|Summer 2021||now open||July 9, 2021|
|Fall 2021||now open||September 17, 2021|
|Winter 2022||October 25, 2021||January 14, 2022|
Please note: Students are encouraged to register early as enrolment in most courses is limited and courses may fill before the end of the registration period.
Use your credentials to login to the Registration Status and Register for Courses pages (typically your firstname.lastname and the password you have chosen). Check out the how-to video below for more guidance.
Helpful hints & resources
- Check your program requirements! Before registering, you will need to refer to the Program Planning Guide available on your in order to select your courses.
- After you register, you can add and drop classes until the last day to add and drop classes for the term.
- Payment of fees or an approval for funding letter is due by January 30, 2021 for domestic students for most programs. Please refer to your acceptance letter for payment deadline fees. For more information on payments, withdrawals and refunds please refer to our page.
- Payment of fees for international students is due by January 4, 2021.
Deadlines to create student account
Fall term – end of the first week of classes.
Winter term – end of the first week of classes.
Spring & Summer term – the first day of classes.
- Some programs, such as trades, do not allow students to take courses without enrolling in the program. Please consult the program advisor for available Open Studies courses.
- You must meet course pre-requisites and may need a program advisors approval to register for a course.