For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
Yukon Chamber of Mines Bursaries
The Yukon Chamber of Mines provides two separate awards of $1,000 to students in need. These awards are intended to foster interest in geology, trades and/or the life cycle of mining.
The Yukon Chamber of Mines represents a dynamic membership numbering over 400. Since its creation, the Yukon Chamber of Mines has worked to protect and promote the interests of Yukon’s mineral exploration, development and mining industry through clear initiatives and policies which encourage a safe, economically viable, socially and environmentally responsible industry.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Reside in the Yukon
- Be registered full-time in a Yukon University Centre for Northern Innovation in Mining (CNIM) program for at least one semester:
- Earth Sciences
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Demonstrate financial need
- Indicate how long you have lived in the Yukon immediately prior to your application
NOTE: Priority for one bursary is given to female applicants. Priority for the second bursary is given to female applicants, preferably of Indigenous ancestry, in a Yukon community outside of Whitehorse.