Stantec Two-Eyed Seeing Scholarship
Stantec is pleased to support students enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts in Indigenous Governance or the First Nations Governance and Public Administration programs with a $1,000 award.
At Stantec, we believe that what we do has an impact on the world in which we live. That's an important responsibility and a great opportunity.
Stantec prioritizes support for higher education. We aim to make a difference in the places where we live and where we work. Through donations, sponsorships and volunteering, Stantec employees connect with communities and help strengthen them in meaningful ways.
Stantec's business objective is to be a top 10 global design firm. We do this by focusing on what we do best - providing architectural, engineering and environmental services that solve tough challenges and make communities stronger.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be of Indigenous ancestry
- Be registered part-time or full-time in Yukon University's Bachelor of Arts in Indigenous Governance or First Nation Governance and Public Administration programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Indigenous Governance students must have completed a minimum of 36.0 credit hours in good academic standing.
- Respond to the following questions, using a creative medium of your choice (eg., photography, drawing, video, podcast, zine, comic/graphic novel, storytelling, creative non-fiction, essay, poetry, spoken word, music/song, dance, animation, beading, carving, painting, etc.):
- What does two-eyed seeing mean to you?
- How can you embody two-eyed seeing in your work and everyday life?
- Please submit a short statement (2-3 paragraphs) describing how your creative piece responds to the questions. Your creative submission can be in the form of an audio, video, jpg or pdf file.
NOTE: The essay is the short statement (2-3 paragraphs) describing how your creative piece responds to the questions.