For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
Selkirk First Nation Leadership Award
See the NOTE below for award availability.
Respect. Responsibility. Accountability. Integrity. These high standards live in the heart of a leader and drive the transformation of a vision into action. Education provides the opportunities to develop these leadership qualities, as well as foster and adopt many more.
Knowledge is most powerful when it is shared. One of the goals of this award is to foster the sharing of the knowledge garnered during studies at Yukon University with other citizens of the Selkirk First Nation.
Steven Thornitt of TD Wealth Private Investment Counsel would like to make a $1,000 award available to a Selkirk First Nation student. The purpose of this award is to assist this student with expenses over the course of his/her studies at Yukon University to a maximum of three years.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be a member of the Selkirk First Nation
- Submit an audio or video file, or a written submission (max. 200 words), answering the following questions:
- What program are you pursuing at Yukon University?
- How will this program help you be a leader in your community?
- How do you plan to share your learnings with your community?
- Audio file OR video file OR a typed essay (max. 200 words)
NOTE: As long as the Winter 2020 recipient remains registered in his/her program on a full-time basis in good academic standing, this award will not be open to new applications until January 2023.