Hazel Fekete Award
This $500 award recognizes the courage of students in academic upgrading classes who often overcome many obstacles to return to the classroom.
This award was established by the former Developmental Studies Division of Yukon College in 1995 at the time of Hazel Fekete’s retirement in order to recognize her commitment from 1964 as an instructor, and later as dean, to the students in academic upgrading classes.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have been a Yukon resident for a minimum of two years as of the date of the award application
- Have completed the previous semester at Yukon University
- Be registered full-time in University Access Pathways at Yukon University
- Indicate how long you have lived in the Yukon as of the date of your award application