Alice Donald Bursary
This $300 bursary is available to assist a second-year, physically-disabled student at Yukon University with their education costs. Students studying in a health-related program will also be considered.
Born in Victoria, BC in 1912, Mrs. Donald moved to Whitehorse in 1976 following brain surgery that left her without the use of her right arm, limited use of her right leg, and a severe speech impediment. She was well known for her production of hooked wall hangings, which she would craft with her non-dominant hand.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have completed the previous semester at Yukon University
- Be one of:
- A second-year, physically-disabled student at Yukon University
- A second-year student of a health-related program
- Demonstrate financial need
- Indicate if you are a physically-disabled student
NOTE: Priority will be given to physically-disabled applicants.