For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
Expression of Interest- Casual Tutor
The Academic Support Centre is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic part-time tutor who enjoys working in a student-centred environment and being part of a dynamic team.
- reviewing work of students in both one-on-one and small group formats, in person, over the phone and/or over videoconferencing in the Academic Support Centre. Students may require both drop-in help and booked appointments.
- providing course support for online tools such as Moodle course pages, Office 365, and Zoom video conferencing
- maintaining accurate records of support provided
- answering students' general inquiries
- consulting with other instructors as needed
Subject areas of expertise may include but are not limited to one or more of the following: English and writing, ESL, math, sciences, and accounting. Please clearly outline your area(s) of expertise on your application.
Quoting the employment opportunity number, please send your cover letter and resume to:Human Resource Services
Yukon University, Box 2799
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5K4
Fax: 867 668 8896
Applicants should clearly outline all relevant qualifications since selection for interview will be based on applications submitted.
Please be prepared to provide official transcripts upon request.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.