Reporting to the Director of IT Services, and in close co-operation with the IT Services Team, this position is responsible for designing and maintaining high availability of the network infrastructure, in classrooms, administrative areas and public spaces, to provide an effective and complete computing experience across the university computing labs, offices and classrooms on multiple campuses.
This position plans, designs, and maintains the network infrastructure to support this work and ensures that the needs of the university are supported by providing expert level technical leadership in the development of network and security configuration standards.
- The ideal candidate will have a University Degree and/or College Diploma in Computing Sciences or related field.
- Industry recognized security certificates.
- In-depth knowledge of UNIX/LINUX platforms.
- Strong hardware, software and operating system configuration skills.
- In-depth understanding of security (hardware, network and application).
- In-depth Understanding of WEB technologies.
Quoting the employment opportunity number, please send your cover letter and resume to:Human Resource Services
Yukon University, Box 2799
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5K4
Fax: 867 668 8896
Applicants should clearly outline all relevant qualifications since selection for interview will be based on applications submitted. A statement of qualifications, which outlines the selection standards, and a position description are available in PDF format for all Bargaining Unit positions, by following the links above.
Please be prepared to provide official transcripts upon request.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.