YukonU’s Faculty of Applied Arts delivers a wide range of academic and professional programming across four schools: Academic and Skill Development; Liberal Arts; Health, Education and Human Services; and the Yukon School of Visual Arts in Dawson City. Applied Arts is also home to The Northern Review, the first academic journal published in Canada’s North.
Reporting to the dean of the Faculty of Applied Arts, the position provides executive-level administrative support to the Dean’s Office, working cooperatively and effectively as part of the Faculty of Applied Arts’ administrative team as well as with other departments of Yukon University. This position requires a significantly high level of independence, confidentiality, and initiative and must coordinate activities with other members of the University community and external educational partners.
- Related post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline (e.g., Communications, Business, Arts or Sciences)
- Experience in an administrative/executive assistant position
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., word processing, Excel, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Experience reviewing and analyzing budgets and expenditures
- Advanced project management skills
- Experience managing a high volume of confidential information
- Strong communication skills (report writing, public communications)
- Specific knowledge of the Banner Digital Campus system would be an asset.
Consideration may be given to candidates with the appropriate blend of education and experience.
Please include a cover letter with your resume, outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this opportunity.
Quoting the employment opportunity number, please send your cover letter and resume to:Human Resource Services
Yukon University, Box 2799
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5K4
Fax: 867 668 8896
Applicants should clearly outline all relevant qualifications since selection for interview will be based on applications submitted.
Please be prepared to provide official transcripts upon request.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.