For the latest COVID-19 response information, please see YukonU.ca/covid-19
Student Welcome Centre/Connect 2 Yukon Hosts
We are seeking friendly, enthusiastic, and service oriented team members who can assist us to continuously enhance a positive community experience at Yukon University. Along with providing great customer service, this position also supports all YukonU COVID-19 protocols related to student/staff check in and providing basic YukonU specific COVID information.
- You will be the first point of contact for individuals entering the campus and will be responsible for assisting students, visitors, and staff with inquiries about Yukon University. As the first contact, you are also responsible for entering in staff and student data into our check in sheet. As a first point of contact, you may also be present virtually (on Zoom) to answer general inquiries, as required.
- As an ambassador for the University, you are required to provide and support a professional and welcoming atmosphere to all persons arriving at Yukon University.
- You will work daily with the Safety and Security team to ensure that COVID-19 procedures and protocols are being followed.
- You will proactively address, and research inquiries received in person, via telephone and via email for students, visitors, and staff members.
- You will be committed to staying current on University systems, processes, and resources so to best assist visitors.
- You will be responsible for maintaining bulletin boards for events and activities on campus.
- You will collect maintain and provide feedback on important data collection inputs from the Welcome Centre and Connect2 YukonU team.
- You will assist the Student Success Division in a variety of student/peer-focused projects and basic administrative tasks on an as-needed basis.
- You will be encouraged and supported in growing both your employability and leadership skills, including the potential of working on a project which is of interest to you and the University.
- Must be a Yukon University student.
- Ability to provide a helpful and welcoming presence, empowering all persons at Yukon University to feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Excellent ability to speak and write the English language, and the ability to respond to complex questions, both in-person, via phone, and via email.
- Commitment to being creative, innovative, and synergetic in all aspects of this position including education, problem solving and research.
- Demonstrated experience in providing superior customer service, including pro-actively identifying and resolving queries in a timely and efficient manner, as well as handling the occasional difficult interaction.
- Reliable, on time and willing to learn and enhance skills throughout employment.
- Dedication to research, and staying well-informed on Yukon University programs, services, and events.
- Experience in Office 365 applications such as Word, Excel, Publisher, MS SharePoint, and Moodle are considered an asset.
- Experience in an administrative and/or reception or other peer-to-peer positions is an asset.
Quoting the employment opportunity number, please send your cover letter and resume to:Human Resource Services
Yukon University, Box 2799
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5K4
Fax: 867 668 8896
Applicants should clearly outline all relevant qualifications since selection for interview will be based on applications submitted.
Please be prepared to provide official transcripts upon request.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.