The Skillful Manager Seminar series is a suite of five professional development seminars designed for both aspiring and experienced supervisors and managers.
Focusing on optimizing productivity and engagement, a variety of essential management tools and management strategies will be explored. You'll gain a comprehensive snapshot of workplace issues and develop key competencies that will empower you to understand, coach, motivate, and lead teams for success.
These seminars are relevant for employees across all sectors in small companies, corporations, and governments.
- New managers and supervisors who want to learn the essential skills of supervision and management;
- Experienced managers and supervisors who want to further their skills and refresh their approach; and
- High potential employees who see supervision or management as their career development.
For over 20 years, Lyn has lived and worked across Canada’s North, helping groups build healthy and engaged workplaces.
With a Doctorate in Human and Organizational Development, Lyn specializes in three areas:
- Organizational Performance ~ a skillful facilitator, Lyn helps pinpoint organizational issues to enhance performance and promote vitality.
- Organizational Learning + Training ~ an enthusiastic educator, Lyn brings energy into training and development programs. Lyn is a “scholar-practitioner” as she integrates the best of cutting edge thinking into practical terms. Lyn teaches for the Yukon University, Royal Roads University and the Justice Institute of BC.
- Organizational Research ~ Lyn is a curious and astute social researcher that investigates the deeper issues relating to people’s perceptions about organizational issues. As a scholar, Lyn specializes in transformative learning theory.