Andrew G. Smith Scholarship for Commitment and Vision
Andrew Smith wishes to make a $500 scholarship available to students in Yukon University’s Renewable Resources Management or Northern Science program.
Thanks to a generous donation, an additional $500 scholarship will be available in the Winter 2023 semester.
Andrew G. Smith is a 2015 graduate of Yukon College’s Renewable Resources Management program. Andrew’s time at Yukon College was characterized by a strong determination to succeed, and led to him being recognized as a leader in his cohort.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be registered as a full-time student (minimum of 9.0 credit hours) in the second year of Yukon University’s Renewable Resources Management or Northern Science program
- Have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the first 30.0 credit hours of Yukon University courses counting toward completion of the Renewable Resources Management or Northern Science program
- Provide a brief letter (max 2 pages) outlining:
- What drives them (the reasons why the student chose this program)
- What their vision is (the student’s plans for the future)
- How they will contribute to Yukon (personal strengths and strategies for success)
NOTE: Selection will be based upon the applicant’s ability to communicate their personal strengths and strategies that motivate them to excel, and their willingness to extend themselves in order to:
- gain mastery of their field of studies
- leverage their education to meet and exceed their future plans
2 x $500